Dhaka: 4:05 PM, Sun, 05 Jul, 2020

Youth electrocuted to death while flying kite 

News Desk : risingbd.com
Publish on: 2020-05-16 8:25:03 PM     ||     Updated: 2020-05-16 8:25:03 PM

A person was electrocuted to death when the string that he was using for flying kite accidentally got entangled with the electric line in Rajshahi on Saturday.

The deceased was known as Jahid Hossain, 18, son of Aktar Hossain, hailed from Alif Lam Mim Bhata area of Shahmokhdum in the district town.

Confirming the matter Rajshahi Metropolitan Police (RMP) spokesperson additional deputy police commissioner Golam Ruhul Kuddus said, the incident occurred while the youth was flying kite on the roof of his residence around 5.30pm.

Later, he was rushed to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital where duty doctor declared him dead.